More sets: more than 1000 sets recently added; total sets exceed 2000
More set features: by Fall 2014 all sets will have updated catalog records including descriptions; all topic sets will have linked bibliocommons book lists + more than 100+ ‘enhanced’ sets with links to curricular content through Teachingbooks.net
More languages: plans to add French sets this Fall plus additional Spanish language sets
Book Display in a Box! Sibert Medal Winners
Register for Edmodo to connect with other librarians and educations, receive notifications and updates, take a review course, download documents to give a PD for teachers, parents and students, and much more!
Register at: http://nycsls.edmodo.com
Register as a teacher with the School Code: sv10r9
Next, signup for the MyLibraryNYC Group with the code: ygk6vv
Do this by clicking on the Groups link (Left-hand sign), clicking the + sign. Click on Join and put in the code above.
For any delivery issues/questions, please email email@example.com (BookOps). They handle all shipping related requests. For Queens shipping questions (not Teacher Sets), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Sets will be delivered every week by UPS in red bins. Individual holds picked up at the branch may be returned in the bins.
MyLibraryNYC is a partnership between the Department of Education’s Office of Library Services and the New York City’s Public Library Systems—Brooklyn Public Library, New York Public Library and Queens Library—to raise student achievement through digital access to and school-site delivery of the millions of books and informational resources to available in the libraries’ collections.
Highlights of the program include:
• Teacher and Librarian use of an increased number and variety of text, multimedia and primary sources to plan Common Core aligned units and lessons;
• Free delivery and pickup of materials (book sets and individual resources) for teachers to support instruction;
• Educator and Student library cards with enhanced borrowing privileges;
• Professional development and support for the school librarian to provide enhanced library services for everyone at the school;
• Opportunities for schools to build a collaborative partnership with the local library branch to provide programming services around reading and literacy;
• 24/7 virtual learning opportunities for educators and students to connect and collaborate through shared reading and resource lists, reviewing and rating books, and the opportunity to “follow” the selection choices of peers, teachers, and experts.